Saturday, October 4, 2014

September Favorites


Fall is here!  Although I have yet to fully embrace dark nails and vampy lips, I am dipping my toes in the fall fashion waters with deeper lip shades and liquid liner.  This month's favorites show my transition into fall.


MAC Syrup and Plumful
To ease the transition from summer to fall, I alternated between Syrup and Plumful.  Both lipsticks are beautiful mauvy/plum colors that are a great way to wear color without being too in your face bold.  They are versatile enough to wear to the office or out and about on casual days.

Kat Von D Liquid Liner in Trooper
Recently I discovered Trooper and it is quickly becoming my all time favorite liquid liner.  I usually
steer clear of liquid liner in general, so it’s not like Trooper had much competition.   The brush on Trooper is so thin and precise that I can easily achieve a thin, more natural look or a thicker winged out effect.



The Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara
Since I frequently try new mascaras, I picked this one up with a handful of others and it lingered in the back of my makeup collection until earlier this month.  I am so glad I finally pulled it out because it is awesome.  It has a dual wand, the big wand is great for the top lashes and the smaller wand is perfect for getting the bottom lashes.  I usually prefer plastic wands to bristly type wands but this mascara is definitely the exception!

Age Rewind Dark Eraser in Neutralizer
I have become slightly obsessed with this range.  After finding the brightener shade wasn’t giving me the the concealing I needed, I picked up the shade Neutralizer.  It is more yellow based and I think it does a better job at canceling out my dark circles.

Maybelline Brow Drama in Soft Brown
I picked this up on a whim to replace my Anastasia clear brow gel.  The wand has a ball shape on the end which takes some getting used to but it is a great drug store alternative.  It tints my brows without looking too dark and it keeps them in place.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige
This shade is part of the new Leather Collection in the Color Tattoo range and it is becoming one my all time favorite makeup products.  It is a taupe brown shade that works well on its own or as an eyeshadow base.

Mac Soba
It is a beautiful light golden brown shade with subtle shimmer.  The yellow tones really bring out my blue-green eyes.  This eyeshadow is perfect for the effortless smokey look. I apply this shadow on its own with a MAC 217.  Soba is a wonderful shade to transition into fall because it is darker but not too dark.  It is another work makeup staple!



What were your favorites in September?


No comments:

Post a Comment